Sunday, November 11, 2012

Losses

My favorite aunt passed away this morning at 7:20. Ola Olivia Alexander Gara has joined the Lord and is no longering suffering from cancer. She battled bravely to the end, God was merciful and she is no longer in pain. She leaves behind two daughters, Jennifer Gail Gara Gietzen (Jeff) and Katheryn Alexis Gara Morton (Jeff) and three grandchildren, Alex and Kyle Bayley and Claudia Gietzen. She is also survived by her sister, Bettie Joy Alexander Bethke, my mom. Nieces and nephews include: Rebecca Smith (Richard), Marsha Bain (David), Marvin Mikeska, Judy Higdon, Bettie Hairston,and Dale Alexander. She leaves behind great nephews and nieces: Jason Mikeska, David Keefer, Justin Smith, Bryan Jones, Ashley Higdon, Mathew Bain, Britney Bain, and Christine Mikeska. Great-grand nieces and nephews include: Kaleb Mikeska, Kamryn Keefer, Jonathan Stafford(by marriage)and Reagan Smith, Emily Bain, Christopher and Jonathan Brockwell, David, Nicole and Dryden Jones. I mention the extended family because my Aunt Ola took great care to make sure we knew she was always thinking of us. Christmas always included boxes of cute gifts from the oldest niece to the youngest great-grand nephew. I was always surprised at her ability to remember everyone as most of the previously mentioned relatives are my mom's side of the family. I gave up long ago trying to get individual gifts just to say I love you, but I admire people who do this. We are enjoying the company of my aunt's sweetheart for about 15 years. I remember the evolution of this relationship well. My aunt loved to square dance, and met Francis through this hobby. They danced together for years, and Ola's wish was to die on the dance floor. That's an interesting way to end one's life. Die while engaged in something you love doing. I want to go that way.....maybe while painting a sunset over the ocean. My aunt has once again inspired me. She always did.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ’ซ✨๐Ÿงš๐Ÿป‍♂️oof๐Ÿงš๐Ÿป‍♂️✨๐Ÿ’ซ

      Delete
    2. Thanks for this amazing news!! ❤️๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿค

      Delete
  2. sorry for ur losssssssss j.........k......

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥̵̡̨̢̧̢̧̧̧̡̡̨̧̨̡̛̛̛̥̺̹͎̪͎̫̫̮͉͕̫̹͙̠̗̹̖̦͈̠̬̥̦̦͇͇͓͚̻̘͎̬͔͖͔̩͔̼̖̱̯̤̪͚̤̪̳̣̦̫̻̰̼̥̤̭̭͚̰̺͖͚̗͇̺͔͈͖͓̮͚̞͚̰̥̲̺͈̝̘̳̱̯̗̹̬͍̰̮̮̼̙̬͎̈͛͆̇̎͛͛̈̽̅͆̓̓͑̔̈̓̄̏̈́͂͂̽̍͋̄͛͛̃̃̂͒̽͗̓̈́̑̿͊̌̆͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅ️̵̨̧̧̡̛̻̳͖̯̟͓̙̖͕͈͎̰̙̱̺̻̞̯͖̞͎͎̭̘̲͎̦̫̙̙͇͎͚̝̳̭̭͈̼̻̳̳̃̀̍̓͆͋͛̅̄̃̑̀̅́̂̐͆̆̉͛̓̃̏̎̽̾̒̈́̐̂̇͒̅̊́̑̇̚͜͝͝ͅ

    ReplyDelete
  4. heeehohaheeskejnaihehahhahahahakjejnajkhaskskjskkskskajjajj
    ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's been one week since you looked at me
      Cocked your head to the side and said, "I'm angry"
      Five days since you laughed at me
      Saying, "Get that together, come back and see me"
      Three days since the living room
      I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
      Yesterday, you'd forgiven me
      But it'll still be two days 'til I say I'm sorry
      Hold it now and watch the hoodwink
      As I make you stop, think
      You'll think you're looking at Aquaman
      I summon fish to the dish, although I like the Chalet Swiss
      I like the sushi 'cause it's never touched a frying pan
      Hot like wasabi when I bust rhymes
      Big like LeAnn Rimes, because I'm all about value
      Bert Kaempfert's got the mad hits
      You try to match wits, you try to hold me but I bust through
      Gonna make a break and take a fake
      I'd like a stinking aching shake
      I like vanilla, it's the finest of the flavors
      Gotta see the show, 'cause then you'll know
      The vertigo is gonna grow
      'Cause it's so dangerous, you'll have to sign a waiver
      How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad?
      Trying hard not to smile, though I feel bad
      I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
      Can't understand what I mean? Well, you soon will
      I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
      I have a history of taking off my shirt
      It's been one week since you looked at me
      Threw your arms in the air and said, "You're crazy"
      Five days since you tackled me
      I've still got the rug burns on both my knees
      It's been three days since the afternoon
      You realized it's not my fault not a moment too soon
      Yesterday, you'd forgiven me
      And now I sit back and wait 'til you say you're sorry
      Chickity China, the Chinese chicken
      You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
      Watching X-Files with no lights on
      We're dans la maison
      I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
      Like Harrison Ford, I'm getting frantic
      Like Sting, I'm tantric
      Like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy
      Like Kurosawa, I make mad films, 'kay, I don't make films
      But if I did they'd have a Samurai
      Gonna get a set of better clubs
      Gonna find the kind with tiny nubs
      Just so my irons aren't always flying off the back-swing
      Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon
      'Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes
      That make me think the wrong thing
      How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad?
      Trying hard not to smile, though I feel bad
      I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
      Can't understand what I mean? You soon will
      I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
      I have a history of losing my shirt
      It's been one week since you looked at me
      Dropped your arms to the sides and said, "I'm sorry"
      Five days since I laughed at you and said
      "You just did just what I thought you were gonna do"
      Three days since the living room
      We realized we're both to blame but what could we do?
      Yesterday, you just smiled at me
      'Cause it'll still be two days 'til we say we're sorry
      It'll still be two days 'til we say we're sorry
      It'll still be two days 'til we say, "Wasabi"
      Birchmount Stadium, home of the Robbie

      Delete