Monday, June 21, 2010

This Time is not Flying

It's been two weeks now since my knee replacement surgery. 14 days exactly, and the nurse will take the staples out today sometime. Oh Joy!!!



As supportive and accommodating as my family and friends have been, I still find myself frustrated beyond description. I am stuck and at the mercy of everyone except myself. I keep busy working on quilts for my grand girls, but I am still confined to this house and I am going stir crazy. I'm not one of those people who are on the go constantly because I really enjoy my home and its amenities. Just the fact that my only outing is to the mail box each afternoon is starting to get to me. Hopefully, the doc will give me a go ahead this Friday for a short trip if just to the lake and back. I know I can't drive, yet, as my leg barely gets through the exercises without protest followed by ice. I just hope I get permission to ride along on an outing.



I will resign myself to the stay at home remedy if that is the outcome. I gave myself my last blood thinning shot today, and I know that blood clots are still a possibility, and a car does confine one to a stationary position while sight seeing. Maybe I can talk the doc into a short jaunt to the Sonic for a coke float or something.



On another note a couple of friends from high school are dropping by tomorrow and a gal pal is coming over Thursday. It doesn't get me out of the house, but will be welcome visits. High School pals I haven't seen for over 40 years, so should be fun catching up. Gal pal is the one who very nicely kicks me in the butt and reminds me to count my blessings. I am pretty good at counting blessings unless I am in the middle of a pity party....like today. My housekeeper is here and she is always a bright spot in the week. The nurse and PT will do their things, and after the exercise regime, I do find myself pretty tired at the end of the day. In the meantime, I am throwing the windows open all the way around and pretending that I am outside somewhere. It's why we bought this house. Even the dampest winter days are really quite pleasant when the shutters are opened. I have two more novels to read and then maybe a trip to the bookstore will cheer me up some. I just hate being stuck....hate it, hate it, hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment