Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Prayers for Michele and Justin

I sit here writing my feelings. My head is here, but my heart is elsewhere. My heart is in North Carolina with my son and his wife. After a year of remission, Michele received word that once again the doctors found atypical cells on her cervix. I am stunned, and I know that Michele is feeling lost just about now. I wish I was there to wrap my arms around the whole family. My only recourse is to pray for my sweet daughter-in-law, my son, and the kids.

I am praying that these cells are a result of a need for hormones. It is a hope that I have shared with God. He knows every cell in her body and wants blessings for Michele. In fact He wants her to be abundantly blessed. She is His child. I pray for the will to go forward to be a part of their daily routines. Michele takes great pride in being a wife, homemaker, and mother. I pray that God will bless her every second as she tries to stay busy until this nightmare is over.

I pray for my son to be sensitive and loving as panic tries to creep into his thoughts. I pray for their protection as they keep on keeping on throughout this latest chapter in their lives. I pray for my grandkids. I pray that God will wrap His arms around them each and every day, each and every second. I pray for strength for all of them.

I hope that they can feel the prayers. We love them so much, and it is hard to see any suffering because of the dreaded disease of cancer. I pray that God will squash this enemy of the family, and out of the ashes of fear and uncertainty, raise a family that is stronger and there for each other.

I ask these things in Jesus' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment