Thursday, August 18, 2011

Waiting

Waiting is not my best attribute. I have a hard time waiting on meetings that seem to drag on and on. I mentally amuse myself with the lists of things I am going to do as soon as the meeting is over. I have never been patient, and I had hoped that as I got older, I would become more tolerant of any and all situations that don't stick to my time tables. Life just doesn't work that way. In fact, most people are on a much slower time table than I am. I am a fifteen minute rule type of person. I learned a long time ago that the kitchen could be cleared and the dishwasher loaded in almost 15 minutes. I can fold and put away a load of laundry in the same amount of time. I guess that being the oldest of five natually made me an efficient adult. I remember having to hang clothes on a line as a kid and hating it. My mom would remind me that it was just a 15 minute job, and it would take longer to take them down, fold or iron them. I became a fast forward whiz at just about any kind of chores; mainly because I hated doing them. The faster I got chores done, the faster I got to do what I wanted to do. I am still that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment