Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nine Weeks and Counting

A busy past two weeks, getting back into the swing of life, finds me triumphant about my knee surgery. I really put it off as long as possible, fearing I would have to endure the same problems as my husband during his recuperation. I am even back at the gym and that means a lot for my mental stability. I was worried about my spoiled husband's ability to take care of me while the shoe was on the other foot, but he was an excellent caregiver. I am totally independent again, and that is very important to me.

This warrior's heart is once again restored and the wuss mentality is in the past. The only great side effect of this adventure into medical innovations is my weight loss of 40 pounds. Hub has hinted at a nip and tuck in the near future if the pounds keep falling off. Never gonna happen. I will live with the resulting wrinkles and regard them for what they are... the medals of life. After watching The Doctors, I discovered that I have more smile wrinkles than frown lines, and that is fine with me. The only drawback to all of this good health is my clothes don't fit. Pants are literally falling off my hips whenever I forget to put on a belt. I really don't feel like shopping except online, and that just isn't the same.

I count my blessings as I go forward with life. Richard is gone for the weekend, first to check the hay balers and then the deer lease. I will spend the afternoon and evening enjoying my granddaughter, while my son and daughter-in-law go on a much needed date.

No comments:

Post a Comment