Saturday, August 21, 2010

Survived Sixty

Son called from NC and quipped that I had made it. Funny!! I actually spent 30 minutes soaking in the tub last night. When the hub asked what I was doing, I replied that I was soaking away the sadness because sixty came too soon. Alliteration was wasted on him, but made me chuckle. Older son will come over this evening to take us out to eat. Hub wanted to take me shopping until I reminded him it was tax free weekend. He said he could buy me that over and under I always wanted. Yeah right.

He got me a low rider card and a shoot 'em up cop video. He is such a romantic. Not! He does have his good points, coffee in bed, and home cooked breakfast including doing the dishes. I will take what I can get. To be honest, I really couldn't think of anything I really needed this year or wanted for that matter. I think that is a good thing.

I am around people who are constantly changing their lives in one way or another. People my age, who seek fulfillment from outside stimulus. I have one friend who literally changes her bedroom for the seasons, pictures included. I wonder, what is wrong with the familiar, the status quo, the comfortable? I admit that I change decorations sometimes, like when we move into a new house, but it is usually because we forgot to see if all of the furniture would fit.

I find happiness is looking back at the memories, remembering when this or that happened, how the event made me feel, the laughter at the time. I find that I like to add to rather than change during this era of my being. Maybe the big 6-0 and the time well spent, will signify a moment in time that I can regard as my moment of maturity. Awe the alliteration again. Some things will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment